Thursday, January 24, 2008

Society of the Spectacle Part ___ or Wagging the Dog in the Czech Republic

Yesterday, the New York Times posted an article about a collective of artists called Ztohoven that simulated a fake nuclear bomb explosion on a local Czech news channel. Not only is the name of their collective a play on words in Czech, members go by names like Roman Tyc and Mira Slava (meaning peace and fame). These guys like to play with reality on multiple levels and to put it in layman's terms, I'M SO WITH THAT!

THE ZTOHOVEN THEMSELVES!:



See the video below from Czech news television via YouTube (there's no volume):



Here's the link to the collective's (sparse) webpage, in both English and Czech.

Tonight, I lift my glass of ice cold Pilsner to the Ztohoven!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and I lift my glass of ice cold Dr.Pepper to you, my love.

Jay Smooth said...

Why didn't I know about this site!