Monday, June 23, 2008

Serge Gainsbourg et ses femmes

Serge Gainsbourg, apart from being an extremely prolific and talented musician, actor and all-around cool motherfucker is also known for his various love affairs with beautiful women. Here are some of my favorite photos of Serge with his ladies. (Disclaimer: not all women pictured below were romantically involved with Serge).


SERGE ET BRIGITTE


CHARLOTTE ET SON PERE


GALL ET GAINSBOURG


ET BIEN SUR, SERGE ET JANE BIRKIN.


And for fun, some street art that I found on a Google image search which I (obviously) absolutely LOVE:



My friends and I were having a discussion about which period of his music we liked best. 100dbs announced that Serge Gainsbourg really had NO business being able to make good reggae, but was quite good at it and I 100% agree. Colonel K's favorite is the electronic stuff that he produced in the 80s, prior to his death. While I love and appreciate everything Serge Gainsbourg has done musically, my favorite is the classic Serge Gainsbourg (late '60s through the '70s) and my favorite track is "Requiem pour un con." It's just SO badass!

And for my favorite footage of Mr. Gainsbourg, check out this clip.

And click here to read a beautiful article featured in Vanity Fair about the man, the myth, and most importantly, the legend.

No comments: