Monday, December 3, 2007

Spanish Cinema Now and The (Spanish Civil) War on Film aka Thank God I Live In New York

Beginning December 7, Lincoln Center will be hosting three Spanish film series: Spanish Cinema Now and The War on Film (La guerra filmada) alongside Remembering Pilar Miró. As if December wasn't already busy enough, New York City got hit with some more.

The film Caótica Ana directed by Julio Medem (2007) is something I'm really looking forward to seeing. Below is the trailer:



Also, this Thursday December 6th at Lincoln Center is a showing of Welcome to the Dollhouse by Todd Solondz (1996) at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $25 a piece and there's a Q&A with Heather Matarazzo, Brendan Sexton III and Daria Kalinina.

-------------

Film Society of Lincoln Center webpage.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ive seen Welcome to the Dollhouse why do i want to spend $25 to see it. It was good though.

M E L I $ $ A said...

I guess it's $25 a pop for the meet and greet and post-party. I'm still not sure if I'm going to go because that's a lot of money to see a movie and there's at least 5 movies I want to see for the first time, but I might end up going. They could have some interesting things to say.

Stephanie said...

let me know if you go. im broke but interested.